Apricot and Almond Tart
Our chefs like to share some recipes they enjoy making at home and this one has been sent to us by Chef Manager, Tim Ward from Blackfen School for Girls. This is one for parents to enjoy as a tasty treat.
Apricot and almond tart
1x quantity of short or sweet pastry
8” pastry case
250g ground almonds
250 castor sugar
30g plain flour
75g apricot jam
75g dried apricots
3 fresh apricots
- Line a pastry case with sweet pastry, bake blind.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale.
- Slowly add the eggs, then add the almonds and flour.
- Spread the jam on the bottom of the tart case and dice the dried apricots and evenly place on jam.
- Fill the case with the almond filling
- Half the apricots, take out the stone and arrange on top.
- Bake at 150c (fan assisted) for about 25 minutes or until an inserted stick comes out clean.
- Drizzle over amaretto and leave to cool.
- Serve with clotted cream